521 5th Street NESOLD $1,030,000
- BEDS 2
- BATHS 1.5
- SQFT 1,440
Looking for something unique? Welcome home to 521 5th St NE – an extraordinary, historic bay front Victorian rowhome. Completely turnkey with tons of upgrades – Located on a quiet and convenient block of Historic Capitol Hill lined with gorgeous trees. This renovated home features beautiful, mature landscaping in the front yard, gorgeous hardwood floors and solid core doors throughout, high ceilings, and an open concept main floor. The spacious living room features custom built-ins surrounding a gas fireplace. The dining area is large enough to seat 10 guests. The large kitchen has a tin ceiling, big windows, a breakfast bar, quartz countertops, a gas Viking range and exterior vented hood, stainless steel appliances and an amazing amount of storage – including a pantry. It is an excellent place to entertain. A discreetly placed powder room is just off the kitchen.
Walking up the original staircase, you will be bathed in light from a large skylight. The full bathroom is wonderfully spacious with a clawfoot soaker tub, a separate, custom marble shower with glass enclosure, and double sinks and vanities with lots of storage. A convenient laundry and storage room is just down the hall. The second bedroom is large with double-pocket doors. The master bedroom easily fits a king bed and offers two large closets with custom closet systems.
The large flagstone backyard is a perfect relaxing oasis and an entertainers dream. One of the largest lots for a home of this size, the yard has space for dining, BBQing, and a large seating area. You will love its tall fence for privacy, a built-in granite bar, pre-wired speakers for entertaining your guests, and a brick planter area for gardening. At the rear of the yard is a large and secure shed with an incredible amount of storage which is tied into the detached, oversized garage!
You cannot beat the neighborhood for charm and convenience. Just 5 blocks to Union Station, 3 blocks to Whole Foods, and 2 blocks to Stanton Park. Union Market, Lincoln Park, Eastern Market, and Barracks’ Row are all less than a mile away. 5th Street is one of the quietest and lowest traffic streets on the Hill, as it is not a through street. Enjoy quiet evening strolls, fantastic jogs along the Mall, and close proximity to the most iconic buildings in DC. Union Station is a quick walk to catch a train and Reagan Airport is a 15 minute drive.
The following improvements have been made to the home:
- New 200 amp heavy up and new electrical panel with custom enclosure
- New Firestone TPO roof and gutters. 15 yr warranty.
- Spray foam insulation added throughout the attic
- Pella Architect Series Aluminum Clad windows meeting historic code
- Custom marble shower with glass enclosure
- Repainted front and rear exterior of the home
- Added Living Room built-ins
- Installed custom closet system in the master bedroom
- Added pocket doors in the second bedroom
- Replaced Hot Water Heater
- Wired the exterior for outdoor speakers
- Installed skylight above the stairs
- Replaced dishwasher
- Added a flood light for the backyard.
- Replaced the front stoop light.
- Power washed and stained the fence and garage