Reporting Rental Property Income in DC

If you own a rental property in DC, you are considered an unincorporated business and must file the DC D-30 tax form to report your rental income. If you have gross rents over $12,000, the minimum tax is $250. Repairs, payments, etc. can be calculated to determine your actual taxable income.

If you have gross income under $12,000, you do not need to file and no payment is required.

Be sure to remind whoever prepares your taxes of this required form. Please consult your accountant, adviser or contact the DC Department of Tax and Revenue (202-727-4TAX) if you have any questions about the form or any other tax issues. The DC D-30 form and more information can be found here.

The information provided on my blog is for informational purposes only!